Thursday, September 22, 2011

Why wont my car central locking work correctly since i had a flat battery?

my car battery was falt took 2 days to change due to work and baby problems anyway when i put the key in the driver door to unlock the buttons on the doors inside lock and unlock for several times making a swoosh sound and when i try to lock it only locks the driver door i have to lean across and push the button down on the passanger door from the inside then lock the driver door

my mate said it would need re programming but i thought that was only with remote keys not old type normal keys

the car is a fiat bravo T regWhy wont my car central locking work correctly since i had a flat battery?
Your mate is right. Lots of cars' computers %26quot;reset%26quot; when they loose power. The dealer can quickly reset this, but you need the factory made tie-in to the computer (it's not a DIY).

Why they don't have a watch battery to keep the computer %26quot;live%26quot; during batery changes/dead batteries I'll never know.Why wont my car central locking work correctly since i had a flat battery?
u need to contact the fiat dealer and tell them that youneed re- programming for your alarm. i have a fiat punto sport and my battery went flat and the alarm did not work. so they re programmed a chip in my dashboard and engine compartment for a mere 拢30. its been working fine ever since ...

hope that helps

Anik