Thursday, September 22, 2011

I have a problem changing the gears in my car and turning the steering wheel. ?

Okay I have a 1994 Geo Prizm I think that's like an early Honda or something like that ( Don't quote me on it - I never really cared about cars)

Anyways I have a problem when I switch gears (its an automatic so I don't know if that's the right term), I was backing out of a spot - just fine and when I put it in drive and turned the steering wheel to go in the direction I wanted I could barely move the steering wheel. Its like it locked up or something, It happens when either I am parrell parking or just pulling out the driveway.



Does anyone have an idea of what the problem is? How could I fix it?



Also, I took the window tint of the window. But the glue is still on the window and it leaves a whole bunch of glue lines (lol - I don't know what to call it) all over window when I roll it down. What is the best way to remove the lines?I have a problem changing the gears in my car and turning the steering wheel. ?
The Geo either doesn't have Power Steering, or if it does, it's pretty basic, like the Geo itself.



When you dont have power steering, it's harder to turn the car at slow speeds than at high speeds. I have an older Mazda like that.



Think of it this way...you're getting some exercize for your arms while driving...a bonus!I have a problem changing the gears in my car and turning the steering wheel. ?
sounds to me like the power steering rack has given up or something is the matter with the power steering