Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I have Ponatic Bonneville 1993 child locks no one can get in or out what can I check make in to work?

The safety child locks was put on my doors.And was never taking off. Went to a wedding locked keys in the trunk so the back seat was taking out to get to the trunk,then put back together.Then the driving side back door would not open.That was in July 07.

Now in bad timing I don't understand I went down this Labor weekend I guess Kentucky not my state ha! ha! But needless to say the other back door did the same thing after we packed stuff in it for camping.Now no one can get in or out in these doors we change the fuse thats not it.You can hear it tring to open but it won't. We try playing with the locks for a while doesn't work.I've read the book the car came with doesn't give that much information.Just tring to safe money I don't have.I'm a girl and smart, very smart with and direction I can get.I have Ponatic Bonneville 1993 child locks no one can get in or out what can I check make in to work?
Only way I know of is to remove the back seat and then remove the inner door trim panels to gain access to the door latch mechanism to try to get them unlocked. Usually, it happens if the little lever on the door by the lock is flipped halfway between lock and unlock for the child safety lock.I have Ponatic Bonneville 1993 child locks no one can get in or out what can I check make in to work?
is there a switch for the locks on the inside of the door? Like where you slide the switch on when you want the child lock to work. I had this problem and used a long screw driver. I slid it down the inside where the door meets the car body until I hit the switch. After a few times the switch was pushes in the unlocked position and I could open the door from the inside. Now if the door doesn't open from the outside when when unlocked, take the door panel off and look in there. You should see a small metal rod thing attached to the handle. Make sure it is attached and hasn't fallen off. I hope this helped. To take off the panel there will be a crew or two on it, mine is by the inside door handle. You need to take out screws and then pull the panel off. To reinstall you have to buy new plastic clip things. They are under $5 and can be found in auto parts stores like Napa or Auto Zone.
  • dealing with disappointment
  • channel
  •