Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Are my car rims/tires locked?

I got a flat tonight, and I tried changing the tire, but had issues. I bought the car used and it has fairly decent rims on it, so they may have been locked. I know nothing about rim locks. I was able to unscrew all 5 lug nuts but when i tried to remove the tire it wouldn't budge. Is it locked or is there another issue? How do I know if I have locks on the wheels? It's also -3 degrees, could it be frozen on?Are my car rims/tires locked?
Its just stuck on there. They are most likely hub centric wheels. They can really get stuck on the spindle at the hub which can almost seem too small on some after market rims. So you might need a mallet to encourage the wheel to come off.Are my car rims/tires locked?
no its not %26quot;locked%26quot; its just kinda correded on to the hub, try taking a soft mallet and hitting your tire(not the rim) it should just come off, but it also may take a few wacksAre my car rims/tires locked?
if you were able to remove all the lug nuts they are not locked. probably corroded on. try brute force. kicking them or a sledge hammer, and if all else fails your going to have to use heat.Are my car rims/tires locked?
Should not be locked by the lug lock. wonder if it is just rust or something, lug locks just protect your rims from thieves, if all the lugs are off the rim should be free. sorry i am not of much help gl
  • russian name translation
  • laptop peak replacement
  •