Thursday, September 22, 2011

Toyota Corolla Remote lock quit working?

My car lock was working until today and it just quit. I changed the battery and it still doesnt work. The locks will open and shut in the car without the remote. I did have it in the shop today to have the sunroof looked at at the guy was messing with the circuit board for the sunroof and the fuses. Would that mess up my remote?Toyota Corolla Remote lock quit working?
THERE IS A PRETTY GOOD POSSIBILITY THAT THE RECEIVER WIRING GOT TAMPERED, BECAUSE IT IS LOCATED CLOSE TO THE SUNROOF HARNESS.I WOULD TAKE IT BACK TO YOUR MECHANIC AND HAVE HIM RECHECK WHATEVER HE MESSED UP.GOOD LUCK.Toyota Corolla Remote lock quit working?
I am not a Toyota mechanic but vehicles with remote entry equipped vehicles have a receiver located somewhere in the vehicle so it could be a possibility that something was disturbed or disconnected when the work was done to the vehicle or a fuse was blown or wiring damaged somehow. If it worked before and does not work now then it is their responsibility to repair the damage.