Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I change the options on my 2009 Toyota Corolla automatic door locks?

I typically don't want my car locked when it is parked in my garage. However, if I accidentally hit the lock button, then hit the unlock button, the car automatically relocks in 60 seconds unless I open the door. The owner's manual says I have to take it to the dealer to have it reprogrammed, but I know there are key/door hokey-pokey rituals you can go through to change options. Does anyone know the ritual to defeat this 60-second relock %26quot;feature?%26quot; I'm tired of being locked out.How do I change the options on my 2009 Toyota Corolla automatic door locks?
If I'm not mistaken the new toyotas don't have that key/door hokey-pokey rituals any more the toyota dealer has to change settings in the computers ECM with their scan toolsHow do I change the options on my 2009 Toyota Corolla automatic door locks?
I could be wrong but if you leave the key in the ignition that should work ,try it see if it works but leave one window or windows down.ps I know my toyota won't lock if the key is in the ignition.