Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I lost my last car key and remote ?

I know I'm going to have to go to the dealership to get a new key and get a new remote. But since I lost it in my neighborhood(which is a bad neighborhood) the keys was left outside my mailbox(which somebody took the keys from). I don't trust in just getting a new key and remote so I will like to change all the locks on my car, I have a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee that is suped up, how much you think it will cost to have all the locks and ignition keys changed, I know it must cost alot of money but around how much you think ? I really dont want people breaking in my car or stealing it to have a joy ride. so please help.I lost my last car key and remote ?
If you are thinking of getting the dealer to change all the locks then you might want to rethink it as they will be expensive. You will have to go there for the ignition key and remote but you can get aftermarket locks that will fit and that you may be able to do yourself with a little patients,( they are not that complicated once you see how they work), or get a local shop to do it for you.I live in the UK but I have a lot of dealings with a company ca led The Hoffman group based in the states and they sell all types of aftermarket locks, (they have a website). I would think about changing the ignition barrel as well because if someone has the key it wont matter what locks you put on the outside when all they would need to do is break a window! The barrel would more than likely need to be main dealer due to the transponder in the key, it has to match the computer or the car wont start, that will be you biggest expense. I had to do it for one of my cars not long ago and the key alone cost me over 拢200 but this is the UK where everything is ten times more expensive than anywhere else!.....Good luck.I lost my last car key and remote ?
go to the dealership get new keys till then keep ure car covered by a cloth or something to avoid robbery