Thursday, September 22, 2011

Can I sue a Oil Change station if my oil filter falls off and my engine locks up?

My car is 7 months old. it has regular oil changes and I don't hot rod around. The dealer says the warranty won't cover this because it was not caused by a mechanical failure.Can I sue a Oil Change station if my oil filter falls off and my engine locks up?
you say your car is 7 months old and you use the phrase that it %26quot;has regular oil changes%26quot; Just how many have you had to have in 7 months? Any way I doubt the oil filter fell off like you say. For the filter to fall off it had to be the wrong one or not on tight. Either way it would have leaked before falling off. It should have been detected at the oil change if not you should have noticed oil in your driveway or garage. I have owned and operated 3 quick lubes for the past 19 years and while I cant say I havent had to pay for some mistakes over the years I can say that an oil filter falling off is not one of them. Nor have I heard of any other shops having this kind of claim. As far as suing, good luck. I know first hand how this stuff works. You are better off to have the place who you think messed up get a hold of their insurance provider and see if they will take responsibilty and pay for anything. But I can tell you you will not get a brand new wngine for nothing. You heard of prorating it is the same thing with your engine if they did indeed mess up they are only responsible for giving you an engine of the same caliber. So dont expect a brand new engine for free. I highly doubt that you will be able to win this case though. Sorry but I just have seen too many scams out there and find it very hard to believe your story.Can I sue a Oil Change station if my oil filter falls off and my engine locks up?
Try talking to the oil change station -- if it's their fault - they may settle with you; WITHOUT a lawsuit being filed.Can I sue a Oil Change station if my oil filter falls off and my engine locks up?
yes. document everything from the previous services to the recent disasterouse service and contact a lawyer to persure legal action.Can I sue a Oil Change station if my oil filter falls off and my engine locks up?
you can sue the people who changed the oil and summons the dealer to testify about what caused the engine to quit.Can I sue a Oil Change station if my oil filter falls off and my engine locks up?
all oil change places have to carry insurance just for these kinds of problems,they will have coverage for your breakdown.have the dealer contact them as the dealer will more than likely do the work so you retain your warranty.

You should always use the dealer till warranty is up for oil changes so they cant say you neglected you servicingCan I sue a Oil Change station if my oil filter falls off and my engine locks up?
yes. call the oil change place. if they won't pay then call the bureau of automotive regulations and the better business bureauCan I sue a Oil Change station if my oil filter falls off and my engine locks up?
Why do you assume you will have to sue? If the oil filter fell off after an oil change, just find what the repair will cost and contact them and see if they are willing to work with you. Most of them have insurance policies in place to cover such things. When was the oil change, and when was the failure? That would make a difference, since if the filter 'fell off' a month later they wouldn't be responsible for that.Can I sue a Oil Change station if my oil filter falls off and my engine locks up?
yes, you can, and Jiffy lube has a long sad history of this. in the future, I recommend taking it to a good independant mechanic for oil changes. They are a little more expensive, but well worth it.Can I sue a Oil Change station if my oil filter falls off and my engine locks up?
Did you get it done at Wal-Mart? Because I work there and things like this nature happen once in a while and of course Wal-Mart pays for a new motor or whatever is messed up. We even bought a man a new cell phone because he said one of us stole it and there was never a cell phone in his car when we pulled it into the shop. But I do not advise the try to rip wal-mart off, cuz that sucks for the people that work there.