Thursday, September 22, 2011

Locked out of my car.. any ideas please??

I lost the keys for my car, stupid i know. I rang the main dealer and ordered a new key. The car has an immobiliser so the key needs to be coded at the dealers. when the key came it fits in the lock but will not open the car. The only conclusion i can come to is the locks have been changed at some point. The main dealer refuses to accept any responsibility even though it was bought from there and has never been serviced anywhere else. The only other option they are suggesting is a complete lock refit at a cost of 拢300. I have already paid out 拢30 for a key that does not work.

Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone have any other ideas? i dont think the car is worth that much money so am reluctant to shell out a fortune to get it sorted

cheersLocked out of my car.. any ideas please??
Call a lock smith in your area!Locked out of my car.. any ideas please??
call the cops or buy a slimjimLocked out of my car.. any ideas please??
By chance does the car require two seperate keys for the door and ignition? I know some GM cars in the US have the coded key that do not work in the door but will start the car.Locked out of my car.. any ideas please??
Locksmith, change the driver lock and ignition only.



I would question the replacement key though. The dealer could have made a mistake.Locked out of my car.. any ideas please??
Call tow truck company and they can usually open the door with a %26quot;slim jim:%26quot; costs about $50 canadian here so should be about 25 pounds. Other than that only other option would be break out a window.Locked out of my car.. any ideas please??
tell the man about it and he has to find a way.....

search for the keys everywhere mabye ur sis or bro. has hidden itLocked out of my car.. any ideas please??
wow sorry the only thing i can think of is

don't u have two keys for ur car

find the other oneLocked out of my car.. any ideas please??
have spare keys lol, i dont know what you can do now...

go find a rober and ask him/her to pick your car haha. =]Locked out of my car.. any ideas please??
Call a locksmith or AAALocked out of my car.. any ideas please??
break a window.



or, if youve got one of those clickers attached to the keys with the panic, lock and unlock buttons, maybe a spouse has it at work with them, call them up with a cell phone, tell them to press the unlock button but hold the clicker up really close to the speaker of the phone, and then hold your cell up to the car. works every tim,e.Locked out of my car.. any ideas please??
Smash it up and call your insurance company.



Kidding.



Sorry, you're out of luck. Either find the keys or pay the dealer to re-do the lock. Wont a locksmith come do it? They might charge a little bit less than the dealer.Locked out of my car.. any ideas please??
call a lock smith or try using a coat hanger on it,a lot of times you can get in them with a coat hanger,if that doesn't work you,ll have to call a lock smith to open it for you ,good luck on it.Locked out of my car.. any ideas please??
go online and search for unlocking car doors with a hanger. it really works and fairly easy. try it yourself... just make sure you have your driver license and the car registration with you incase cop sees what you are doing...Locked out of my car.. any ideas please??
Okay, this is really hard to do but, try to unscrew the antenna on the back or front of your car. Take the antenna and stick it through the little slit in your car door that attaches it to the car, see if you can get it through and poke the unlock button.



Screw the antenna back on and your done. Good Luck : )Locked out of my car.. any ideas please??
well, i dont actually have an idea how to open the car, maybe u gotta go to a garage or pay for the dealer, anyhow. after u get it done ( i hope u do, soon ) u need to have a spare key, thats very important, once my frnd was locked out of his wrangler, and after getting the thing oppened he hid a spare key under his hood in a rlly secret place ( the wrangler's hood can be oppened from out side incase ur saying how will he open it when it locked, so the thing is keep a spare key is a safe place where u can reach easily//

hope i helped

byeLocked out of my car.. any ideas please??
You should try to open it with the antenna of the car put a plane screw driver with a towel. stick it on the door and try to open it just enough to let the antenna and then try to open the car.Locked out of my car.. any ideas please??
hey if you have a tennis ball you cut a small hole and then you simply put it againt the lock an push on the tennis ball the pressure of the air should open the lock ive never tried it but i saw it on a show email me back if it worked good luck :] the hole should be facing the lockLocked out of my car.. any ideas please??
Was the car bought new or used? If new from the dealer, you know the locks were never changed, and it's their problem. If used you don't know, and it's yours.



But you don't need to refit the locks, just find a locksmith to make a key for the locks you already have. Chances are he can also do the ignition key and program it for you at less than what the dealer would have charged. Then return the key the dealer made you and demand your money back since it didn't work.Locked out of my car.. any ideas please??
go to fuse panel and rig two wire switch to contact points that %26quot;start%26quot; car, but this will not %26quot;really%26quot; crank car yet. The ignition switch will still need the %26quot;key%26quot; in it. Turn the key to %26quot;on%26quot;. This will send the signal to %26quot;starter%26quot; but now use the rig two wire switch to start car. Flip switch back off when car successfully cranks.



i had to buy a chilton's guide to find my contact points needed.



i refused to pay 250 dollars to replace my ignition. but i still need the key to turn ignition to the %26quot;on%26quot; position.



NOTE: ignition on my car has THREE postions. named I, II, and III. I am refering to postion II.