Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Car issues radiator- no longer leaking water changing to green colour without antifreeze, possible Airlock?

I had a leaking radiator which caused my coolant to run dry (out) when i refilled it with plain water and did a bit of driving it had changed to a greeny colour then more to a blue colour a bit later, also i noticed my coolant was very warm at this time, and that my radiator had stopped leaking i was just wondering if this could be due to an air lock?



I would rather know that my radiator is leaking permantly so i can get it fixed i have checked the rest of my car and it seems fine as someone suggested it could be a gasket issue of sorts!



Thank you very much for your help in advance :)Car issues radiator- no longer leaking water changing to green colour without antifreeze, possible Airlock?
It has probably been washing out pockets of stained on or trapped bits of the old coolant. If you are in the UK watch out as tonight it is goinfg to be below freezing point just about everywhere and you need 50% antifreeze in there.

Water alone does not provide as good cooling as the right mix and does not inhibit corrosion.

A leaking head gasket should not turn the water any other colour than brown.