Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I hav a renault clio1.2 16v & when i start it sumtimes, it will not start & i have to swap keys. Any ideas??

When i get in my car (Renault clio 1.2 16v 02 reg) i wait for the lights on my dash to go out before i start my car but sometimes it jst does not start, so i take the keys out of the ignition %26amp; press the button on the key twice so the car locks then unlocks %26amp; then i try to start the car again %26amp; it still does not work so i use the spare key %26amp; it starts. I have to keep changing keys everytime it doesnt start. Is it something to do with the immobuliser or the batteries in my keys??I hav a renault clio1.2 16v %26amp; when i start it sumtimes, it will not start %26amp; i have to swap keys. Any ideas??
I had the 1.4 and the same happened to me. I don't know how mechanically you are but the problem come from the timing unit which are on the bell housing .It bolted down with 2 bolts . This unit picks up a little dust and then you car will do as you described. Just look where the engine and gearbox come together you will see it unscrew the bolts unplug the wire in it wipe it against your pants put it back and your problem will be solved.No more then 5 minutes and you will be a happy Renault owner again