Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I have a problem with my car remote key..?

hi, i am having problems with my car remote key it is not doing anything.. Yesterday i changed the battery inside the remote key. The red light flashes on remote but doesn`t lock car with remote. I have also got inside the car and started engine and than pressed remote, it only locks and unlocks once. Once i am out of the car it doesn`t work again. So weird i don`t get what the problem is. I have a vauxhall astra 1.6 2001 x reg petrol. xxI have a problem with my car remote key..?
Did you have this problem before you changed the battery,

I had a similar problem, as the battery ran down i noticed the range was shorter, I had to press the fob a couple of times to make it work, so I changed the battery, I had a similar problem I sometimes could not get the car to open for about 10 minutes pressing the fob, after awhile the problem got less until it was fine, I guess what was happening was the new battery was at a slightly higher voltage ( fresh battery's usually are 10% above spec) this higher voltage was interfering with the fobs radio signal,as the battery discharged the problem disappeared.

so you could try pressing and holding the button or pressing repeatedly for 10 to 15 minutes to discharge the battery slightly,I have a problem with my car remote key..?
I am not sure but I think you are supposed to get the batteries changed at a garage. They reset the code.I have a problem with my car remote key..?
you may have wrong batteries ? must be worth checking.I have a problem with my car remote key..?
I hate to be the breaker of bad news, but i think you're trying to get into the wrong car. The car you just got into was a diesel.I have a problem with my car remote key..?
shortage m,aybeI have a problem with my car remote key..?
IV'E GOT A SIMILAR PROB MATE!!

Try this site www.mirez.co.uk this is where i was told to go, but ain't had chance yet!卢!I have a problem with my car remote key..?
put the ignition to position 2 and wait for 10 secs then press and hold the lock or unlock button until the car locks/unlocks itself.

turn ignition off and try it! if it doesnt work or works for a short time then it either needs reprogramming or a new remote.I have a problem with my car remote key..?
You need to reset it as the battery has gone flat and when you changed it they have gone out of sync. Best bet is to contact the dealer and ask what the reset procedure isI have a problem with my car remote key..?
key in ignition on but not started - press the lock button twice the doors will lock/unlock. its done.