Sunday, November 21, 2010

What is it called when you change the gear on a car and it locks the door automatically?

I was in a friends of mines 07 Impala LT and I notice that when she shifts his gear to drive, his car locks all 4 doors automatically and I notice in a 08 Magnum the doors lock automatically when you hit the accelerator. What is that called because I think it is coolWhat is it called when you change the gear on a car and it locks the door automatically?
This feature is called Automatic Door Lock in the 2007 Chevrolet Impala. It is described in the owners manual as locking the doors when the transmission is shifted out of park. This feature cannot be disabled. I hope this information helps you.



Jeff Morris, GM Customer ServiceWhat is it called when you change the gear on a car and it locks the door automatically?
It's merely a safety lock that activates so the doors don't accidently open while the car is in motion.What is it called when you change the gear on a car and it locks the door automatically?
I believe its part of the child safety or your buddy is a drunk @$$ safety feature. child safety.What is it called when you change the gear on a car and it locks the door automatically?
i think its called a coffin. such a stupid idea, if i want the doors locked i will lock them myself.
  • rodents
  • Source Dedicated Servers
  •