Sunday, November 21, 2010

My house was robbed.They took my house&car keys2.House locks been changed but what2do abt car?They may return!?

Hi guys, I really need help on this.



My house was robbed - with everything that they stole they also took my house and car keys. I've changed my house locks but I don't know what to do about my car! They may come back..can I change my car locks? Is it expensive? Are there alternatives? Where can I get it done?



Thank you very much for your help in advance.My house was robbed.They took my house%26amp;car keys2.House locks been changed but what2do abt car?They may return!?
Yes, you can get your car rekeyed at your dealership. It's not cheap but I would think your homeowner's insurance might cover this along with the rest of the theft. They're covering the new locks on your house, aren't they? Talk with them about covering this cost as well.My house was robbed.They took my house%26amp;car keys2.House locks been changed but what2do abt car?They may return!?
Honestly the odds of the person(s) coming back to your house are very slim, they are not going to be any where near a place they already robbed. You can change your locks on your car if you want but i wouldn't because not to many car theifs have a key to the car they want to take and they still take it. Hope this helpsMy house was robbed.They took my house%26amp;car keys2.House locks been changed but what2do abt car?They may return!?
You should also get your car rekeyed. Your insurance may pay part of the cost. and yes it is expensive but not as much as your deductible if the car is stolen. You may have to go to a dealer to get it rekeyed. And you need to have the remote changed too if you have one.



This is why I never leave spare keys at home where they could be easy to find.My house was robbed.They took my house%26amp;car keys2.House locks been changed but what2do abt car?They may return!?
Time to hit up your dealership and obtain new keys for the car. At this point, I'd suggest selling your car to someone hopefully far away and getting a new one.



You can definitely change your car locks, but it'll be an incredibly expensive process that's almost never worth it. You're pretty much looking at dealers when it comes to such things.My house was robbed.They took my house%26amp;car keys2.House locks been changed but what2do abt car?They may return!?
You can get a steering wheel lock. One is called %26quot;The Club%26quot; and sells for under $50. You can consider that a stop gap to having the car re-keyed. These are sold at auto parts stores.



Most cars models have only a limited number of different keys. I forget which one (I think it was Ford but I'm not sure) only had 19 different keys for all their models. I saw a lock smith with a ring of keys open a car up that way. It was faster than using a slim jim and wouldn't possibly cause something to break.My house was robbed.They took my house%26amp;car keys2.House locks been changed but what2do abt car?They may return!?
Buy one of those flamethrowers that you can attach to the back of your car!!!! See source!



And then when they come back, teach them a lesson BY BLOWING THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF THEM!!!!!My house was robbed.They took my house%26amp;car keys2.House locks been changed but what2do abt car?They may return!?
Yes, you can have your car locks changed. Cost depends upon the type of car you have.My house was robbed.They took my house%26amp;car keys2.House locks been changed but what2do abt car?They may return!?
robbers are ****** cowardly ***** *** shitsMy house was robbed.They took my house%26amp;car keys2.House locks been changed but what2do abt car?They may return!?
We agree with Ron.