Sunday, November 21, 2010

How can I change rims on a car with lug nut locks?

I recently purchased a used car, and I'd like to change the brakepads. However, I found that there are lug nut locks on the wheels and no key. Can anyone suggest anything to get the locks off? Would a repair shop be able to help me with this?How can I change rims on a car with lug nut locks?
Mike R hit on the head...take a slight bigger socket and pound it on and use a breaker bar. No auto parts store is going to have the %26quot;key%26quot; to that lock...especially if it came from a dealership. Snap-on and Matco both make sockets for this purpose..but expect to pay around $30 for it.How can I change rims on a car with lug nut locks?
There are kits you can buy that have the keys for rims. This way you wont have to go to a shop every time you have to take your wheel off. Try you local auto parts store, and if they do not have it then they could probably order it.How can I change rims on a car with lug nut locks?
Take a socket that is just slightly larger than the locking nut and tap it on with a hammer, then use a breaker bar or large ratchet to break them loose. You run the risk of breaking the socket so don't use an expensive one.How can I change rims on a car with lug nut locks?
you have to find the attachment to unlock it like auto zone or advance should have it or u might even have to special order it!!! a repair shop should be able to do it!!!How can I change rims on a car with lug nut locks?
Any tire shop can remove the locks for small fee.
  • formal hair
  • background sturdy drive
  •