Sunday, November 21, 2010

Is there any recourse from insurance on a stolen and wrecked car for mental anguish?

My purse was stolen from my husbands car with my car keys. The same thieves stole my car car 2 weeks later using my car keys that my insurance refused to change locks on. My car then was used in a crime and then wrecked and totaled. This was my baby in perfect order. Is there and legal grounds for mental anguish? This happened in Las Vegas NVIs there any recourse from insurance on a stolen and wrecked car for mental anguish?
You could bring a separate lawsuit up against the people who stole your car, but as far as trying to get money from your insurance company regarding mental anguish, no way.



Even trying to sue the thieves will probably go nowhere, they are probably dirt poor scum and heading to prison anyways. You wont get anything out of them.Is there any recourse from insurance on a stolen and wrecked car for mental anguish?
No. Your insurance covers only direct physical damage; consequential losses like mental anguish aren't included. They'd be impossible to prove, anyway.