Sunday, November 21, 2010

Can I change the locks (and possibly ignition) on my car and how much would it cost?

I would like to know if it's possible and how much it would cost to change the locks on a 1985 Mercedes Benz 190E.



Also can I change the ignition key thingy?



I know it sounds silly, I'm a girl who has no idea about carsCan I change the locks (and possibly ignition) on my car and how much would it cost?
You can have the locks changed. You can have them all using the same key. It isn't a hard job to do. The worst part is getting the ignition key cylinder out and back in. I've no idea as to the cost. It depends on where you live.Can I change the locks (and possibly ignition) on my car and how much would it cost?
Oh and at Jay80:



It wasn't boyfriend or marriage problems, it's father problems. He took my car without asking %26quot;to do repairs%26quot;, I was gonna change the locks if he brought it back. He never did, and unfortunately I can't report it stolen because he never put it in my name, plus he had the spare key.

Report Abuse

Can I change the locks (and possibly ignition) on my car and how much would it cost?
a lock smith is the place to do it. You could save a bundle by getting the insides done, not the whole mechanism. the ignition I think could be swapped factory part replacement. You might special tools, which is why we all go to a mechanic.

see what a lock smith could do, firstCan I change the locks (and possibly ignition) on my car and how much would it cost?
It sounds like your having marriage or boyfriend problems, but yeah it can be done