Sunday, November 21, 2010

Are Car Dealer Required To Provide A Wheel Lock Key On A Used Car With Wheel Locks?

I bought a used Scion with custom wheels. I asked the sales person if there were wheel locks on the car. He told me no. I did not think to look. Now I realize that the wheels have a strange type of lug nut. They look like wheel locks. Normally Toyota has a 21MM nut on them. Is the dealer required to proved the key to get these lug nuts off? I know that they are required to provide tire changing tools.Are Car Dealer Required To Provide A Wheel Lock Key On A Used Car With Wheel Locks?
yes

Are Car Dealer Required To Provide A Wheel Lock Key On A Used Car With Wheel Locks?
Most used cars are sold as is. the dealer said there were out wheel locks on the car. I would think he wouldnt lie but he didnt know. Keys are hard to come by for a reason but the dealer may tell you who he got the car from, write to him and ask.