Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do you change the power locks in a 1995 Volkswagon Jetta?

Normally, when I unlock the car I can twist the key twice and unlock all doors. Also, if I hold the key the windows come down. Today, I twisted the key twice and all the windows came down and will not go up. I think I need to replace the lock or is a sensor/switch bad?How do you change the power locks in a 1995 Volkswagon Jetta?
you either have a bad drivers door latch (located in the door) or your drivers side door harness has broken wires (also a common problem). you can check the door harness by pulling back the rubber boot in the door jam and inspecting the wires for cracks or breaks. if all of the wires are good then you door latch is bad.How do you change the power locks in a 1995 Volkswagon Jetta?
you have a bad drivers door latch