Thursday, June 2, 2011

Can you help with my Prestige remote starter for my car?

I recently bought a car which had a Prestige brand remote starter installed. Not sure what the model number is, but the keychain remote is the standard 4 button layout with a flashlight on the side.



The buttons are for:

Locking the doors

Unlocking the doors

Honking the horn

The Starter



Now, the problem. Despite just changing the battery, the functions do not seem to want to work. In fact, they work just the same as before I changed the battery. The red LED lights up when I push a button so, presumably a connection of some sort is being made. The flashlight function works 100% of the time and on the first try.



Just to lock or unlock the doors requires several seconds of pushing and re-pushing the button. The remote starter rarely works at all. I don't use the honking button often enough to judge it, but it is probably the same.



Can those of you with more experience suggest something else I might try? Is the problem more likely in the remote or within the system?Can you help with my Prestige remote starter for my car?
Take it back to the place that installed it. It sounds like the receiver was mounted in a place that is shielded by the body of vehicle, and the signal can't reach it. Re-mounting the receiver should fix your problems.



In the meantime, try holding the control fob over your head when you push the buttons. Sometimes, giving it a clear %26quot;look%26quot; through the windows and under the dash (instead of through the metal door) can help.Can you help with my Prestige remote starter for my car?
Demand a refund, it is a defective product